The world of business is getting smaller, and doing business overseas is a must. Even small, local businesses find themselves dealing with customers and clients abroad. These days, you have to do business with the non-English speaking world.
English is definitely the international language of business, but still less than 1/3 of the world can speak English well. In order to reach people in the world of international business, at some point you need foreign language translation. This is why we turn to professional translation service.
When you think of language translation, you might imagine having to translate a letter or e-mail message. Actually, there is a large variety of situations where we need these translation services.
– Website translation. If you are doing business online, having your site translated into as many languages as possible is a must. Imagine, on the front page of your website, a list of language icons that you’re visitor can click on. Even those who are competent at speaking English may have a hard time reading it, and that may be a major barrier that keeps them from checking out your site. With your website in several languages, you will be able to easily attract customers from all over the world.
– Interpretation. This means translating orally, usually simultaneously. These services often have a system where you can call and speak to one of their specialists, who will interpret your call in real-time with a conference call. With a service like this, you can call any place in the world to do business. Also, advertising that you have this capability will make it easier for those with shaky English skills to call you with confidence interpretación de conferencias.
– Multimedia services. This includes voice-overs for your audio-visual materials. For example, a video introducing your company’s services can be dubbed in as many languages as you want. Most services also offer subtitles and other multimedia features.
– Software conversion. For those who are in business in the text industry, this is a must. You want to expand your target market beyond your own shores, and the only way to make your software useful overseas is to offer it in the local tongue. If you offer your software only in English, it will be harder to use even for those who do speak English competently.
– International orders. Translation services can help you set up your business with international shipping options, invoices and other forms that will allow you to ship overseas. If you can send your goods to Japan and Europe, you will greatly increase your sales.
– Document services. This might be the most important service available. You can have your legal paperwork, brochures, instruction manuals, financial documents, emails, advertising copy and anything else translated into the world’s major languages.
– Consultation. When your business really takes off with overseas customers, you may find yourself needing a language consultant. This is someone who knows the local tongue and can help you as a cultural ambassador. The way dialects are used has a big effect psychologically on customers. A consultant can advice you on how to go about marketing to them.
With translation services, you are opening your business up to the world. It is not something to be taken lightly or trusted to a non-professional. Get your company’s business translated, and the world is your oyster.